quinta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2024

Talking about the past (regular and irregular verbs)

Regular verbs
With most verbs, the past tense is formed by adding –ed:
called liked wanted worked

Irregular verbs
But there are a lot of irregular past tense forms in English. 



We use the past tense to talk about:
  • something that happened once in the past:
I met my wife in 1991.
We went to Spain for our holidays.
They got home very late last night.
  • something that happened several times in the past:
When I was a boy, I walked a kilometer to school every day.
We swam a lot while we were on holiday.
They always enjoyed visiting their friends.
  • something that was true for some time in the past:
I lived in Angola for 3 years.
He enjoyed being a student.
She played a lot of tennis when she was younger.
  • we often use expressions with ago, last..., yesterday with the past simple:
I met my wife a long time ago.
I visited my parents yesterday 
last week I went to Foz do Arelho

Exercises:

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Keep on training

  1 - Try some of the 'tools' in this link: https://padlet.com/pedrojustovargas/4qyp8x0e1l8g8dw4 2 - Take a test on EF TEST 3 - Star...